“Destination Dreaming”: Changi Airport Group reveals consumers’ leading travel alternatives after markets reopen – The Moodie Davitt Report

“Destination Dreaming”: Changi Airport Group reveals consumers’ leading travel alternatives after markets reopen – The Moodie Davitt Report

SINGAPORE. Changi Airport Group (CAG) has exposed the top travel possibilities between its shopper foundation for when intercontinental marketplaces reopen. It is centered on a “Destination Dreaming” study of more than 8,000 travellers from Singapore, Australia, India and Indonesia, performed in late 2020, with conclusions just published.

By state market place, Singaporeans are looking ahead to browsing Japan most, followed by South Korea, Taiwan, Australia and New Zealand. Asian cities also took up the major 5 places for Singaporeans’ most wanted towns for journey, led by Tokyo, followed by Seoul, Hokkaido, Taipei and Osaka.

In a listing of best 20 desire metropolitan areas for Singaporeans, the European metropolitan areas chosen had been London, Paris and Rome. Australian and New Zealand towns took up six places – Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Queenstown, Christchurch and Auckland.

How Singaporeans expressed their place preferences in the Changi Airport Group poll (simply click to enlarge)

For Australian, Indian and Indonesian travellers, Japan and South Korea are also between the best 3 preferred country destinations, with Tokyo and Seoul rising as the top rated decision towns, mirroring Singaporeans’ preferences.

The major three metropolitan areas which Australians would like to visit the most are all in just Japan: Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka.

Vacation tastes as expressed by Indian (left) and Australian consumers surveyed by CAG click on to enlarge

Past destinations within East Asia and Australasia, travellers’ tastes have been varied amid the 4 taking part nations around the world. When Singaporeans glance ahead to browsing the significant cities in Asia and Australasia this kind of as Bangkok, Melbourne and Hong Kong, Indian travellers target significant towns all over the globe, citing Dubai, Istanbul and New York in their prime 20.

Australian travellers also showed a preference for well known beach vacation places these kinds of as Bali, Hawaii, Santorini, Phuket and Cape City.

More than 50 % of the contributors are looking forward to travelling with their family on their up coming getaway, with about 60% of these seeking to vacation with their husband or wife and youngsters, and the other 40% with their mothers and fathers. For the relaxation of the travellers polled, close to half them want to vacation with their companion, adopted by pals, or go solo.

Trips lasting among 1 and two weeks are the most preferred preference, as voted by about 3-quarters of the participants. Around 10% would like to vacation for a thirty day period, although a tiny quantity like to remain away for two to 4 months.