Most up-to-date Covid-19 vaccine and US reopening information

The Biden administration on Monday is releasing its strategy for allocating an supplemental 55 million Covid vaccines globally by the conclusion of this month. Around 75% of the doses will be shared via the COVAX worldwide vaccine system, with the remaining 25% shared with nations around the world with regional priorities and other issues.

As CNN claimed, the administration will be distributing 55 million doses of Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, and Pfizer’s vaccines abroad, most of which will be J&J and Moderna. As of Monday, the 55 million AstraZeneca doses are however not cleared by the US Foods and Drug Administration for security and efficacy review nonetheless. 

Close to 41 million of the 55 million doses will be shared as a result of COVAX, with 14 million for Latin American and Caribbean international locations, 16 million for Asia, 10 million for Africa.

The remaining about 14 million doses “will be shared with regional priorities and other recipients, this kind of as: Colombia, Argentina, Haiti, other CARICOM international locations, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Panama, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia, South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Cabo Verde, Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, Yemen, Tunisia, Oman, West Bank and Gaza, Ukraine, Kosovo, Georgia, Moldova, and Bosnia.” 

The White Household reported in a assertion that the vaccines will be distributed “as expeditiously as feasible,” noting that the process “will take time” thanks to regulatory and lawful transportation necessities.

The doses, the White Home said, ought to be prioritized for “those most at hazard, these kinds of as health care staff, should really be prioritized, primarily based on national vaccine programs.” The White House will be announcing which vaccines will go to which nation once they are transported out.